Partial Discharge Sensors
CONDIS® partial discharge sensors (PD sensors) are used to assess the quality or aging of generator stator winding insulation, to detect localized sources of PD in rotating electrical machines and generators, and to detect conducted pulse signals. PD sensors typically consist of a coupling capacitor (13.8 kV to 27 kV) and a low-voltage coupling device.
Partial discharge coupling capacitors are available for indoor or outdoor applications with silicon sheds.
- Capacitance from 1nF to 10nF
- Nominal voltage Un 17.5/24/36 kV 50/60 Hz
- Test voltage up to 80kV 50/60Hz
- Lightning impulse voltage up to 170kV 1.2/50µs
- Lightning impulse voltage chopped wave up to 205kV 1.2/2µs
- Signal attenuation: < 10 dB from 200kHz to 3MHz < 30dB from 100kHz up to 10MHz
- Vibrations and mechanical shocks according to IEC62373 (rail) and IEC60724-3-3