CONDIS® partial discharge sensors (PD sensors) are used to assess the quality or aging of generator stator winding insulation, to detect localized sources of PD in rotating electrical machines and generators, and to detect conducted pulse signals. PD sensors typically consist of a coupling capacitor (13.8 kV to 27 kV) and a low-voltage coupling device.
Partial discharge coupling capacitors are available in both dry-based (CDAS) or oil-based (CDOR) technologies and for indoor or outdoor applications.
- Synthetic oil-based capacitor technology or Dry gas-based technology
- Capacitance from 1nF to 10nF
- Nominal voltage Um 13.8kV, 17.5kV, 20.8kV 50/60Hz
- Test voltage up to 1140kV 50/60Hz
- Lightning impulse voltage up to 170kV 1.2/50µs with creepage distance
- Lightning impulse voltage chopped wave up to 205kV 1.2/2µs
- Signal attenuation: < 10 dB from 200kHz to 3MHz < 30dB from 100kHz up to 10MHz
- Vibrations and mechanical shocks according to IEC62373 (rail) and IEC60724-3-3