Thyristor Valve Capacitors
The thyristor valve capacitor (or valve section capacitor) is fitted on thyristor valves for voltage conversion . Its function is to assist the system with the filtering of high frequency transient voltages produced during the transformation of the AC voltage to the DC voltage or vice-versa.
The thyristor valve capacitor is connected in parallel with series thyristor, damping resistors/capacitors and di/dt limiting reactors.
CONDIS®’ capacitors for thyristor valve applications are self-healing dry capacitors (without oil), mounted in an epoxy resin insulator.
- Capacitance 150pF to 10 nF
- Nominal voltage Un up to 62kVpeak*
- Test voltage up to 95kV 50/60Hz*
- Lightning impulse voltage up to170kV 1.2/50µs*
- Proven sealed construction
- Resistant to corrosion
- * higher value on request