RC-grading capacitors for DC Bypass
RC-grading capacitors ensure the uniform distribution of DC voltage across the breaking chambers during switching operations.
CONDIS is able to provide, in a single unit, a combined solution including both resistance and capacitance, easing the installation and minimizing the volume. They are installed on high voltage bypass multi-chamber circuit breakers.
RC-grading capacitors are available with either a porcelain or a composite insulator that is in full compliance with IEC 60815.
The design of high voltage RC-grading capacitors is usually customer-specific. CONDIS’ capacitor technology offers a high flexibility and will therefore allow a large customization to meet specific circuit breaker mechanical and electrical needs.
- Capacitance 300pF and higher
- Nominal voltage Un from 200kV DC to 1100kV DC
- Typical cantilever strength 5kNm
- Test voltage up to 460kV DC (per unit)
- Synthetic oil-based capacitor technology
- Lightning impulse voltage up to 1050kV 1.2/50µs (per unit)
- Vibrations and mechanical shocks up to 15g