TRV Capacitors for Dead Tank Circuit Breaker
In air-insulated switchgears (AIS), transient recovery voltage (TRV) capacitors are installed phase-to-ground. They decrease the oscillation frequency and the rate of rise of recovery voltage (RRRV) of TRV, which occurs during initiation or interruption of current flow. TRV capacitors are thus installed to increase breaking power of the circuit breaker.
TRV capacitors for AIS are available with a porcelain or a composite insulator. All standard porcelains are equipped with single or alternating long-short sheds and are in full compliance with IEC 60815.
CONDIS® standard fixing is independent of the flange diameter. It ensures the interchangeability with former CONDIS® capacitors and the compatibility with the attachment of composite insulators. Other fixing methods are available on request.
The design of high-voltage TRV capacitors for AIS application is usually customer-specific. Maxwell CONDIS® technology offers a high flexibility and will therefore allow for a large customization to meet specific circuit breaker mechanical and electrical needs.
In a recent addition to the TRV capacitor product range, «arctic” capacitors have been designed for applications in the most severe environmental conditions, supporting extreme temperatures down to –60° Celsius.
- Synthetic oil-based capacitor technology
- Capacitance 2.5nF up to 30nF (e.g. 30nF / 245kV)
- Nominal voltage Un from 72.5kV to 550kV 50/60Hz*
- Test voltage up to 680kV at 50/60Hz
- Lightning impulse voltage up to 1550kV 1.2/50µs
- Switching impulse voltage up to 1000kV 250/2500µs
- Lightning impulse voltage chopped wave up to 2000kV 1.2/2µs
- Vibrations and mechanical shocks up to 15g
- Cantilever strength from 5kNm to 25kNm
- * others on request