Grading Capacitors for AC Live Tank Circuit Breaker
In air-insulated switchgears (AIS), grading capacitors ensure a uniform distribution of the voltage across the breaking chambers of the live tank circuit breaker. Grading capacitors for AIS are compliant with standard IEC 62146-1. They are available with a porcelain or a composite insulator. All standard porcelains are equipped with single or alternating long-short sheds and are in full compliance with IEC 60815. Maxwell standard fixing is independent of the flange diameter. It ensures the interchangeability with former CONDIS® capacitors and the compatibility with the attachment of composite insulators. Other fixing methods are available on request.
The design of high-voltage grading capacitors for AIS is usually customer-specific. CONDIS® technology offers a high flexibility and will therefore allow for a large customization to meet specific circuit breaker mechanical and electrical needs.
In a recent addition to the AIS grading capacitor product range, «Arctic» capacitors have been designed for application in the most severe environmental conditions, supporting extreme temperatures down to -60° Celsius. Please find hereunder more products features.
- Synthetic oil-based capacitor technology for CB up to 1200kV
- Capacitance from 200 pF
- Nominal voltage to 310kV at 50/60Hz
- Test voltage up to 600kV at 50/60Hz
- Lightning impulse voltage up to 1300kV 1.2/50µs
- Switching impulse voltage up to 1000kV 250/2500µs
- Lightning impulse voltage chopped wave up to 2000kV 1.2/2µs
- Vibrations and mechanical shocks up to >15g
- Cantilever strength from 5kNm to 25kNm