Grading Capacitors for AC Live Tank Circuit Breaker
In air-insulated switchgears (AIS), grading capacitors ensure a uniform distribution of the voltage across the breaking chambers of the live tank circuit breaker. Grading capacitors for AIS are compliant with standard IEC 62146-1. They are available with a porcelain or a composite insulator. All standard porcelains are equipped with single or alternating long-short sheds and are in full compliance with IEC 60815. CONDIS standard fixing is independent of the flange diameter. It ensures the interchangeability with former CONDIS capacitors and the compatibility with the attachment of composite insulators. Other fixing methods are available on request.
The design of high-voltage grading capacitors for AIS is usually customer-specific. CONDIS’ technology offers a high flexibility and will therefore allow for a large customization to meet specific circuit breaker mechanical and electrical needs.
In a recent addition to the AIS grading capacitor product range, «Arctic» capacitors have been designed for application in the most severe environmental conditions, supporting extreme temperatures down to -60° Celsius. Please find hereunder more products features.
- Synthetic oil-based capacitor technology for CB up to 1200kV
- Capacitance from 200 pF
- Nominal voltage to 310kV at 50/60Hz
- Test voltage up to 600kV at 50/60Hz
- Lightning impulse voltage up to 1300kV 1.2/50µs
- Switching impulse voltage up to 1000kV 250/2500µs
- Lightning impulse voltage chopped wave up to 2000kV 1.2/2µs
- Vibrations and mechanical shocks up to >15g
- Cantilever strength from 5kNm to 25kNm