Capacitors for Generator Circuit Breakers
A generator circuit breaker is a protection device for the transformer and/or generator against short-circuit currents.
The operation of generator circuit breakers, located between the generator and the step-up transformer, is associated with extreme stresses due to the conduction and interruption of very large current, both in normal and fault situations.
In addition, after interruption, very severe transient recovery voltages appear across the breaker. CONDIS’ capacitors for generator circuit breakers help mitigate this phenomenon.
Our capacitors are installed phase-to-ground in order to :
- provide additional protection against over voltages
- support arc extinction in the generator circuit breaker by Transient Recovery Voltage (TRV) limitations
- avoid the current surge that can damage the contacts of the generator circuit breaker
- Capacitance up to 200 nF
- Nominal voltage up to 36 kV
- Frequency 50/60 Hz
- Power frequency withstand voltage up to 95 kV
- Rated lightning impulse withstand voltage up to 250 kV 1.2/50μs
- Synthetic oil-based technology