CONDIS Recycling Services at a glance
Capacitors' end-of-life disposal
When utilities upgrade their infrastructure, it typically results in a significant amount of waste of raw materials such as porcelain, silicone, polypropylene, aluminum and dielectric oil. Unfortunately, these materials end up in landfills at best. Public awareness of environmental issues has increased in recent years, especially in terms of end-of-life decisions that have a significant impact.
As a major contributor to the high-voltage grid, CONDIS® offers an eco-responsible product return and recycling program that makes it easy for utility customers by managing end-of-life disposal.
This program ensures that obsolete capacitors are transported safely to in-house facilities where they are dismantled and prepared for safe, reliable and sustainable recycling.
- High-voltage capacitors contain pressurized oil
- Residual charges may remain in the conductor, even when unplugged
- Dielectric fluid is flammable
- The dielectric fluid is a chemical pollutant
- New regulations forbid the environmentally toxic PCB in old capacitors
- Eco-responsible product return and recycling program
- Obsolete capacitors are transported safely to in-house facilities where they are dismantled and prepared for safe, reliable and sustainable recycling